Our Managing Director, Robert Kennedy, founded Midland Tree Surgeons in the late 1960s. Since then he has grown the company, which now offers a comprehensive range of tree surgery, stump grinding and arboricultural consultancy services.
Scalable Services | Single Tree Surgery to Full Development Site Clearance
We have an extensive range of 4X4 vehicles, bespoke tipping trucks and equipment, including brushwood chippers, stump grinders, our own mobile elevating work platform (cherry picker) and an extensive range of chainsaws, hedge cutters and other power tools, enables us to tackle all tree and hedge work operations, both commercial and residential, large and small.
Convenient Central Base
We are based in purpose built premises between Burton-on-Trent and Uttoxeter, operating throughout the whole central belt and nationally.
Our office is open from 8.30am until 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. We will be happy to discuss your requirements for tree works, stump grinding, development site clearnace or consultancy.
Approved & Trusted
We are an Approved Contractor to the Arboricultural Association, hold TrustMark status, have a number of health and safety accreditations and are ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 certified. More about our accreditations …
Meet the Management Team
Robert Kennedy, Managing Director
Robert has a wealth of experience in all aspects of the tree industry. He was elected Chairman of the Arboricultural Association in 1995 and had previously served on their Professional Committee for several years.
Tom Morrison, Contracts Manager, Arboricultural Consultant and Climbing Arborist
As well as being a highly qualified and experienced climbing arborist, Tom has a BSc (Hons) degree in Forestry and works as an arboricultural consultant as well as being part of the contracting team.
Tom has an Advanced Skilled Above Ground Arborist CSCS card and has completed the New Roads and Streetworks Act Unit 10 qualification for Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding for highway tree works. He is also qualified to undertake high voltage power line tree work, having successfully completed the UA1 Basic Electrical Knowledge, EUSR BESC Access, Movement and Egress – Overhead Lines and National Grid Person (Overhead Lines) courses.
On the consultancy side, Tom specialises in the health and structural assessment of trees, as well as resolving planning and development issues. He is a Professional Member of the Arboricultural Association and his role includes overseeing work for both private clients and local authority contracts.
A Comprehensive & Scalable Team of Arboricultural Experts
Our well-qualified arborists offer a comprehensive service to meet the demands of not just the private householder’s tree surgery requirements, but also complete site clearance contracts and arboricultural management and consultancy.
Our Team offer many Skills & Qualifications to include:
- NVQ Level 2 & 3 qualifications in Arboriculture
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme
- Advanced Skilled Ground Based Arborist CSCS card holders
- Advanced Skilled Above Ground Arborist CSCS card holders
- IPAF qualified enabling tree works from a mobile elevating work platform
- Experienced in the sectional felling of large trees
- CITB Intermediate Certificate in Specialised Plant and Machinery Operations – Signaller/Slinger
- Experienced in the use of a hydraulic crane for tree work operations.
- New Roads and Streetworks Act Unit 2 & 10 qualification for Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding for highway tree works
- PA01 and PA06 qualifications enabling the use a variety of herbicides to abate vegetation growth
- RYA Inland Waterways Helmsmans Certificate
- Certificates in brush cutting, stump grinding and hedge laying.
- Qualified to undertake high voltage power line tree work. UA1 Basic Electrical Knowledge, EUSR BESC Access, Movement and Egress – Overhead Lines and National Grid Person (Overhead Lines).
Whatever the size of your job, small or large, private or commercial, you can trust that we have the scale, qualifications and skills to meet your needs!